Porsche has teamed up with Apple Music to create the first fully integrated music streaming experience inside the much-anticipated Porsche Taycan, the first fully electric Porsche vehicle launching in September.
From the touchscreen display in the cockpit, Apple Music subscribers can stream over 50 million songs ad-free, thousands of curated playlists, and the Beats 1 global livestream with three-year complimentary in-car internet data.
This is the first full integration of Apple Music in any vehicle.
“Porsche and Apple Music fit perfectly – we share common values, and the same relentless attitude to user experience, to quality engineering, to design, and to innovation,” says Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG.
“Listening to music while driving can be an electrifying feeling,” said Oliver Schusser, Vice President of Apple Music and International Content. “Since Apple Music launched, we’ve been working to bring our customers the best music experience possible in the car, and Porsche has been on the cutting edge in this space.”
Drivers can also enjoy the following features and benefits in the Taycan:
- Porsche Voice Assistant: Use custom Porsche voice control to request songs, albums, playlists, or radio stations on Apple Music
- Discover on Broadcast Radio, Listen on Apple Music: Create own custom station on Apple Music from any song while listening to broadcast radio
- Exclusive Playlists: Listen to curated playlists from Porsche, only on Apple Music
- In-Car Streaming Data: Complimentary in-car internet data for 3 years with external antenna and roaming package
- Up to Six Months Included: New and existing Porsche owners get up to 6 months free of Apple Music.
Taycan drivers can pair a Burmester High-End Surround Sound System with Apple Digital Masters and enjoy studio-quality sound.
Taycan also comes with Apple CarPlay support. Drivers can easily connect their iPhone and get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to Apple Music by simply tapping the Taycan touchscreen display or with Siri voice control.
Edited from Porsche